Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Second Pitch - Diabetes


                                                         
What's in YOUR wallet?
Ren Fairre 2008


Well, I went to the doctor today and found out that my GTT (glucose tolerance test) that I took a few weeks ago shows that I am indeed a diabetic now.  SUCKS!!! of all the diseases I could have, that was one I rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrreally did not want. OH well, finger pokes and blood drops OH MY!!

********************************
Well, it's been 3 days, and already with the new medication (a pill - not shots) and my blood glucose becoming better controlled, it's amazing how much better I feel. I guess what is worse than a diagnosis of diabetes, is an undiagnosed diabetes.  I will get through this and my husband is very supportive and helpful.  He even poked my finger once for a blood test when I just couldn't face poking myself.  (I made him promise not to enjoy that TOO much).

1 comment:

  1. You'll get used to it. There are some cool devices out there these days that make it almost painless! We'll definitely have to compare notes!

    ReplyDelete