Saturday, November 13, 2010

Sixth Pitch

SO I entered a chili cook off for the first time in my life.  I entered as some acquaintances that own a shop were having a fund raiser and they were going to have to cancel it if they didn't have enough entries.  SO I paid to enter two different chili's (you could enter up to 6).

I did my weight watcher's chile recipe (one point per cup) and I decided to make a REALLY hot chili.

The hot one won!  First place for hottest and most flavorful. I haven't ever won a cook off before so that was really exciting.  In fact, when they said I had won, I really didn't believe it.

So for those that would like the recipe:

1lb hamburger, ground turkey or boca crumbles
1 onion

Chop the onion and brown with the hamburger.  Transfer to a pan after browning and add:

2 cans of tomatoes (I used "chili ready")
1 can of beans (pinto or black)
1/4 cup of jarred jalopeno's chopped and add juice to fill the 1/4 cup
5 Habenero chili's chopped
1 tsp of Tony Krutcher's cajun seasoning
1 tsp of asian chili
1 Tbsp of baking cocoa

Bring to a boil and reduce heat and simmer until the habenero chili's are done.  I would suggest decreasing the habenero's to 1 chili (or none!)

1 comment:

  1. I don't know. We like a really hot chili. Gonna have to try this. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete