Tuesday, January 4, 2011

11th Pitch. Walking my butt off --- literally.

Well, I started a challenge of walking 500 miles in this year of 2011.  So far I have made it to 6.7 miles and this is day 4 of the new year.  I think I am doing well.   I also have scheduled myself for a 5K this Sunday. "Run to Remember" 5K run/walk to assist the families of fallen police officers in Arizona.
www.active.com
‎7th Annual Run To Remember 5K Run/Walk and 1 Mile Fun Run/Walk | Chandler, Arizona 85249 | Sunday, January 09, 2011 @ 8:30 AM

So, for 500 miles in a year, that is 9.6 miles a week or 42 miles a month. Yep - my butt should walk off by itself along come November.  Sheese!  I plan an 8K then.  Did I mention I am going to do the PFChang half marathon in Jan 2012?  and the full marathon Jan 2013?

Yes, some might call me crazy, but by then they damn well better be calling me skinny too!!!

1 comment:

  1. Love this, first time I stopped by to read your blog. Good luck with the walking your butt off, and the run/walks.

    ReplyDelete