Saturday, January 15, 2011

14th Pitch: 5% gone!

 Buffy, my chihuahua.

I made my 5% mile marker today when I had weight in!  I have joined and dropped out of Weight Watchers so many times, but this is the FIRST and ONLY (and last) time I made my 5% goal!  7 more lbs and I will have made the 25 lb mile marker! 

I have lost and gained weight (the same weight) more times than I can count.  I have generally not changed my eating habits, only increased my activity which caused me to dump a lot of weight but I never kept up the activity and without changing my eating habits as well, I failed.  This time I am doing BOTH! Novel idea (joking).

I love the new Points Plus system (P+).  Because of P+, I am eating more fruit.  Before this system, I would choose low point **** food (100 calorie packs, Fiber One bars that contained chocolate etc) that wasn't REALLY nutritional, but served to satisfy a craving.  Why have a 2 point banana when I could have a 1 point Kellogs Fiber Bar with CHOCOLATE! CHOCOLATE! CHOCOLATE! CHOCOLATE!!!!!!!! (picture that cartoon dog on that bacon dog treat commercial).

Now that I am finally eating in a much healthier manner, I found something very interesting.  I don't crave chocolate any more!  I am absolutely flabbergasted!  I am eating apples, bananas, raspberries and to my astonishment, that craving for sweet (which my brain has fixated on chocolate) is now gone.  I even lived dangerously one day and ate a Reese's Peanutbutter cup (my favorite).  Before, I couldn't eat just one.  If I had one, I would want one daily, twice a day, three times a day etc. It was very hard to stop.  That day I had one package (you know, the 2 cups that come in that package) and I didn't have the return frenzy of needing more.

I love P+!! I love what is happening to me now!  I know this time I am going to make it!  Thanks Weight Watchers!

No comments:

Post a Comment